First Impression On My First Touchdown at East Jakarta



So this is my next life session, I do get a job, actually this is just a training period for about 2 weeks in such a government shareholder company. Yesterday, I have signed a contract to be employed. But that is not I am going to tell you. The main thing I gonna tell you is that, the company’s building located in east Jakarta, capital of Indonesia. And I never touch my foot in this city before, so I little bit nervous. As so many people told me, life in the capital city is not as simple as life in Yogyakarta, a city where I spent last 4 years for college. Unfortunately they are right.

I spent 2 days in my uncle house in Bekasi. The city is not so far from east Jakarta, but the environtment is so different. It feels like just another Yogyakarta to me, in the morning neighbor do chit chat with my uncle, and they speak in Javanese language. May be because we are in a housing area, where the place dominated by newcomer. I never think the environment will be like this, and  optimist for tomorrow to go to the company will not so hard to do.

And the time to go to company’s building,, you know that I just graduated last February, and not so long I get a job after that. I do so excited, because as my parents wish that I have to get a job in a such big company. Accopanied by my uncle, I get lifted on his motorbike to the company at 10.30 am. I used a half-face helmet. When I just outside the housing area, the street is just so crowd, and I can’t breath normally due to a very bad air. The traffic is very bad, the road capacity is overloaded by cars, long vehicle, public transport and bikes. And they do bad attitude when on the road, they don’t obey the traffic sign.

Bikes is so aggressive when they ride, the slip in to a small crack between cars, they ride in the walking line, and they did not stop when it is red light on. I don’t know if they are in hurry, but they should follow the traffic rules. The worst thing I ever seen is that a policeman did not catch a rider who don’t use helmet!! May be it has become a behavior of the rider and policeman. Just hope there are some still obey the rule as we all did in Yogyakarta.

Public transport is bad integrated, they called it “transjakarta” but it just cover transportation in capital area, not include  city next to it. But they use “mikrolet” or we called “angkot” in other city. Maybe the percentage of mikrolet filled the road is about more than 25%. They stopped everywhere, they lift passanger everywhere, and they do it directly without signs. Just like bikes, mikrolets also use walking line, so bad!

Some road is made from rigid pavement, and some made from tarmac. In some sections made from tarmac, the surface is so bad damaged, a very big hole in the middle, and the side area is not good, because the root of tree or crashed accident or rain.  It is not over yet, there are so many bad things I gonna tell you all, but next time..
thanks for reading, and if I write such a bad grammar, u can correct me.
J

Comments